Thursday, January 8, 2009

Food, Glorious Food

You would think that the best part of being pregnant is being able to eat whenever you want, as much as you want, and, for the most part, whatever you want. Interestingly, I have found this to be the biggest challenge of pregnancy. Well, maybe if you don't count the twice-a-week progesterone injections.

Honestly, it's a challenge to think about what to eat all the time. I could easily beat myself up over what I eat, that I don't eat enough, that I eat the wrong things...or at least not enough of the right things. I'm trying to let go of these little neuroses and just revel in this brief period where I'm actually expected to gain weight. It's such a paradigm shift!

Because I was so surprised by the challenge of this eating all the time, I thought it warranted mention here. Who would have thought! Not me, certainly. And meanwhile my poor husband is hungry too, but dieting so without the luxury of actually being able to indulge the desire to eat. So, I try not to complain too much. Honestly, I can't complain at all. I love being pregnant and if that's the worst I can say about it, that I have to eat all the time, it's pretty laughable. I'd take that any day!

1 comment:

Their Momma said...

Eat something fattening for me ;)

love you, so glad you're back!