Thursday, January 8, 2009

Miracles

I just read my friend, Aubree's, post about being the world's most negligent blogger. I think I win that one. So at my last post, I was 12 weeks pregnant, tomorrow we'll be 21 weeks! Half way there, which seems so unreal. I think when this adventure started I thought it would last forever. At our third appointment, which was at 12 weeks, our doctor asked if we planned to take childbirth classes. I literally thought, "Isn't it kind of early to be thinking about that?" An element of denial, or more likely, just complete disbelief that I am actually pregnant.

The reality is setting in a bit more as my belly expands and I feel precious little brushes and kicks inside. There was a time when I wasn't sure I would ever be so blessed and priveledged to feel another human being living and growing inside of me. I am in awe of the miracle of such a thing and I treasure every little bump and move he makes. It is simply the best feeling in the world! Thank you God!

We had an extensive ultrasound the week of Christmas and learned that our precious little bundle is a boy! His daddy was super excited at the thought of having a little football buddy. Mommy is excited, too, though she wasn't sure at first that she'd know what to do with a boy! Now I can't imagine him being anything else! The depth of love I feel for him is just beyond measure and I look forward to his arrival...though it scares me as well! For now I am treasuring being able to carry him with me without lugging a car seat and diapers. Pregnancy truly is a beautiful thing and the miracle of new life is just that...a miracle.

2 comments:

Their Momma said...

Amen sister!!

The Aubrinator said...

Boys are soooo awesome. Until they grow up and you know, break things. :) But they're still sweet as sugar as they enthusiastically say "Knock lamp over!" when your back is turned.